20th December 2020
Nut & Apple Stuffing Balls
These are one of our favourite stuffing ball recipes! This recipe is adapted and inspired from a recipe we found in Australia a few years ago.
You can prepare these up to 2 days before you would like to have them. Just get to step 6, making the stuffing balls and putting them on a tray, wrap well and store in the fridge. Alternatively, get to the same step and store in the freezer for up to 2 months!
* 1 Tbsp Flaxseeds
* 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
* 2 Red Onions, finely diced
* 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
* 1 Tsp Olive Oil
* 150g Pecans
* 150g Hazelnuts
* 400g Tinned Lentils
* 50g Stale Bread, blitzed to crumbs
* Handful of Sage
* 1 Apple, grated
* Pepper and salt, to taste
1. Preheat the over to 180degreesC.
2. Put the flaxseeds and chia seeds in a dish, add 2 Tbsp of water and set aside for 10 minutes, until the water thickens to form a gluey consistency.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic. Turn to a medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until translucent and softened.
4. Add the pecans and hazelnuts to a food processor and blitz until roughly chopped (you want to keep some texture and bite to them).
5. Add the lentils, breadcrumbs, sage, apple, chia and linseed mix, the onion, and garlic, along with seasoning to taste. Pulse the mixture to mix, but make sure to not blend too finely.
6. Line an oven tray with greaseproof paper, and a little oil. Oil your hands and scoop out a golf ball sized chunks of stuffing. Roll into balls and place on your prepared oven tray.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the stuffing balls have slightly firmed and gone a deep golden brown. They will continue to harden once out of the oven and cooling.
8. These are perfect served with a roast dinner, or in a stuffing sandwich. Enjoy! x