20th February 2023
A perfect brunch idea for you at the weekend (or anytime of day or week!)
My Tip: You can really make this one your own by adding or swapping in your favourite sides and toppings!
* 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
* 1 Red Onion, finely diced
* 1 Large Garlic Clove, crushed
* 200g Tinned Tomatoes
* 1 Tbsp Worchester Sauce
* 1Tsp Chilli Flakes
* 1 Large Handful of Spinach
* 2 Eggs
* ½ Avocado, sliced
* 2 Spring Onions, sliced
* 50g Feta Cheese, crumbled
* A Slice of Bread, toasted
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180degreesC.
2. Make the tomato sauce by heating the oil on a medium heat in a saucepan. Once hot, add the onion and cook gently until soft and translucent.
Add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, Worchester sauce, chilli flakes, and spinach. Stir well.
Turn off the heat, put a lid on the pan, and allow the residual heat to wilt the spinach for a couple of minutes.
3. Next, pour your tomato sauce equally into two oven proof dishes. Make a little well in the middle using the back of the spoon and crack and egg into each well.
Place both dishes on a baking tray and place carefully into the oven for about 15-20minutes until the egg white turns opaque (the timing will depend on the size of the egg).
4. Meanwhile, prepare your toppings and sides. I like to top with avocado, spring onions, feta cheese and serve with a slice of bread.
5. Once the eggs are cooked, you are ready to add your toppings, sides, serve, and enjoy!