Beetroot Pink Granola
16th February 2022
Granola is one of my favourite things to make, as it makes the kitchen and whole house smell amazing, it tastes delicious, and is perfect to have everyday, a special day or if you're in a rush! I was excited to make this new recipe with a twist, adding beetroot to give it a lovely pink hue.
MY TIP: Keep in an airtight container and it'll last for up to 3-4 weeks!
* 2 cooked beetroots
* 3tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
* 1tsp ground ginger
* 2tsp ground cinnamon
* 2 cups oats
* 1/2 cup your favourite nuts & dried fruits
* 1/2 cup of your favourite seeds
* 1/2 cup dedicated/ shredded coconut
* 1/4 cup chia/ flax seeds
* 1/4 cup pitted dates, sliced
* 3tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180degreesC.
2. Start by making the pink sauce by blending together the beetroots, apple sauce, ginger and cinnamon with a splash of water to loosen.
3. Then add all the ingredients (including the pink sauce) to a large mixing bowl. Stir it well until the sauce is coating all of the oats, and the syrup has made it sticky.
4. Spread the granola mixture evening on a lined baking tray, and place in the oven for ~30mins (check and stir it every 10mins to stop the top layer from burning). Cook until it’s started to golden. Take out of the oven and allow to cool and go crispy. Enjoy!