04th April 2021
Chocolate Cornflake Nests
A simple recipe, these were one of my favourites when I was younger and after being reminded of them by my mentor Sophie, I thought Easter was a perfect time to share them!
Tip: Rice Krispies work very well too
* 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
* 2 Tbsp Butter
* 2 Tbsp Syrup
* 3 Cups of Cornflakes
1. Add the Cocoa Powder, Butter and Syrup to a large pan, and gently heat until melted.
2. Turn off the heat, and add your cornflakes to the pan. Mix well until your cornflakes are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
3. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
4. Spoon in your mixture.
5. Decorate as desired, I added Mini Eggs to these.
6. They should firm up in 5-10 mins, but are also perfect to enjoy straight away!