17th November 2020
green pea pasta
A vibrant, creaming yet refreshing bowl of pasta.
My Tip: Swap the paneer out for other protein options, you could try it with chicken or cashew nuts!
* 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
* 1 White Onion
* 1 Garlic Clove
* 50g Tender stem Broccolini
* 75g Paneer
* 100-110g Spaghetti
* 50g Frozen Peas
* 30g Pine nuts
* 40g Rocket (2 Handfuls)
FOR THE GREEN SAUCE
* 100g Frozen Peas
* 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
* 1 Tsp Nutritional Yeast
* 1 Tsp Olive Oil
* 2 Tsp Soya Milk
* A sprig of fresh mint
* Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Dice the onion and crush the garlic. Add the vegetable oil to a medium-hot frying pan. Once the oil is loose, add the onion and garlic and continue to sweat on a low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Prepare the broccolini by cutting it longways to making thinner strips which will help it cook faster. Turn the frying pan to a medium heat and add the broccolini.
3. Chop you paneer into cubes and add to the frying pan. Keep an eye on these and mix the pan every so often to prevent burning.
4. Boil your kettle. Add the spaghetti to a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft but still with some bite (al dente).
5. Meanwhile prepare your sauce. Add 100g pea to a bowl with 50ml of water and warm through in the microwave for no more than 30s, they should be cooked. Drain the peas.
6. Add the peas along with the rest of the green sauce ingredients to a food mixer. Blend until smooth.
7. By this point your broccolini and paneer should be crisping up and pasta should be almost cooked. The final touches are to add the final 50g of peas and pine nuts to the saucepan and stir them through.
8. Drain your pasta and put back into the saucepan. Then add the green sauce and onion-broccolini-paneer mixture to the pasta and stir all together.
9. The finishing touch is stirring the rocket through the pasta and serve! Enjoy x