Green Veg Pesto Pasta
15th February 2022
I was recently very kindly gifted some products from Organico Real Foods and was excited to celebrate those delicious ingredients in this simple recipe!
MY TIP: Every time I make pesto pasta, I always make enough for lunch the next day!
* ~150g Organico dried casarecce pasta
* 1tsp vegetable oil
* 1 large garlic clove, finely sliced
* 160g tenderstem broccoli, cut in half lengthways
* 160g spinach (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
* 2tbsp Organico pesto
* Pepper to season
* Serve with pecorino (optional)
1. Boil the kettle. Add the pasta to a pan, and cover with water, and leave to simmer and cook for ~10-12 mins until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, on a medium heat place a large frying pan with the oil. Once hot, add the garlic and broccoli and cook until starting to crisp and go golden. Turn off the heat.
3. Once the pasta is cooked, drain, and add to the garlic and broccoli. Stir in the spinach (so that the residual heat wilts fresh spinach) and the pesto.
4. Season with pepper and serve with pecorino. Enjoy!