Mum's Yorkshire Puddings
26th July 2020
"Everyone loves a well risen yorkshire!" Mum.
Mum's Tips: Use crisp and dry oil for the best yorkshires. This recipe makes 8 large yorkshires which open freeze perfectly!
* 100g Plain Flour
* 1⁄4 Tsp Salt
* 3 Large Eggs
* 225ml Milk
* 4 Tsp Vegetable Oil
1. Heat the oven to 200degreesC fan.
2. Use two 4 hole yorkshire tins.
3. Put 1 tsp of vegetable oil in each hole.
4. Put the tins in the oven and ensure that the oil is bubbling hot, the hotter the better! Mum sometimes uses a pastry brush to grease/oil the edges of the tins.
5. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with a whisk, (Mum finds an electric is best!) until pale and there are bubbles in the mixture.
6. Successful yorkshires are all down to the pouring of the batter... use a pouring jug, be quick, do not allow the oven to cool and pour directly into the tins on the oven shelf; pour into the middle of the yorkshire tin holes. (Do not overfill, it does not create bigger or better as they do not rise so well.)
7. Bake for 20 minutes, do not open the oven before they are golden brown.
8. Take out of the oven carefully, as to not knock out the air.
9. Serve with roast dinner. Enjoy!