White chocolate and raspberry cookies.
My Tip: Keep the chocolate chunks quite large so when you serve them warm, you get pouches of warm melted white chocolate!
*75g salted softened butter
*75g soft brown sugar
*1/2 lemon zest and juice
*1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*1 small egg
*150g plain flour
*1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
*75g white chocolate, chunks
*75g frozen raspberries, slightly defrosted
*15g white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 190degreesC. Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar, until the mixture has started to pale and you can no longer feel the grains of sugar.
3. Add the lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and egg, and mix.
4. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, and stir into the mixture.
5. Gently combine in your white chocolate chunks and raspberries - make sure to not over beat the mixture so the raspberries swirl through and some remain whole.
6. Shape into balls, and allow to set in the freezer for ~15minutes.
7. Place on your baking tray, leaving enough distance between cookie mixture so when they spread they won’t merge with their neighbours! Bake for ~15minutes, until golden.
8. Top with melted white chocolate and they are ready to enjoy - best served warm!