21st July 2023
This scrambled tofu is one of my favourite recipes to make (whether that be for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!) - I’ve been promising this recipe for ages, and just ahead of the weekend… here it is!
My Tip: This can be ready straight away if in a rush, or prepared a couple of hours in advance to allow the tofu to really soak up flavours!
* 3tsp Rapeseed oil
* 1tsp Low salt soya sauce
* 1tsp Honey/ Maple syrup
* 1tsp Garlic granules
* 1tsp Smoked paprika
* 1tsp Turmeric
* 180g Tofu
* 1 Garlic clove
1. Mix together the marinade, by combining together 2tsp oil, soya sauce, honey, and spices.
2. Crumble the tofu into the marinade, and stir well** I like to have some big chunks and some smaller ones for a variety of textures but the size is really up to personal preference!
3. Finely slice the garlic. Heat up the remaining oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Then add the garlic, and cook until just starting to go golden.
4. Add the tofu to the pan and stir. Allow to go crispy and golden, stirring occasionally - this takes about 10 minutes, depending on the size of your tofu chunks!
5. And you are ready to serve - one of my personal favourite ways to have it is on avocado toast with roasted tomatoes!
Have you had scrambled tofu before? What’s your favourite thing to have it with?
Let me know if you like the look of this recipe and give it a go!