16th August 2020
Spicy Paneer & Crunchy Wraps
A flavoursome recipe, perfect for a rainy evening.
My Tips: Swap the greens for any that your have in the house or any vegetables which you enjoy. Swap chicken or another protein for the paneer. This would work as a great side dish as well, serving 3-4 people.
* ¼ Tsp Turmeric
* 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
* 1 Tsp Ground cumin
* 1 Tsp Garam masala
* 1 Large Garlic clove
* 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
* 50g Broccolini
* 50g Green beans
* ½ Red onion
* 1 Tbsp Honey
* 50g Paneer
* 20g Cashew nuts
* 1-2 Large wraps
* ½ a Lime juice
* Rice or naan breads
* Fresh Coriander
* Mango chutney
1. Preheat the oven to 180degreesC
2. Dice the garlic and mix it with the turmeric, paprika, cumin, garam masala, and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
3. Slice the broccoli length ways to make it thinner, this will crisp up better when cooked. Prepare the green beans by slicing at an angle length ways. Finely dice the onion.
4. Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Add you spice mix and let it cook for about 1 minute. Then add all the prepared vegetables.
5. Meanwhile, dice the paneer into about 1cm cubes.
6. Check on the vegetables. Once started to crisp, add the honey. And cook for a further minute or two while you prepare your wraps.
7. Cut your wraps into triangles and place on a baking tray. Using the other tbsp of oil, brush both sides of the wraps. Put them in the oven for 5-7 minutes on each side, until they are golden and crispy.
8. Push the cooked vegetables to the side of the frying pan. Add into the other side the paneer and cashew nuts. Turn the paneer once golden brown on one side, at the same time stir the cashews.
9. Finish of with a squeeze of lime juice stirred through the dish.
10. Serve with some rice or naan breads .
11. This is perfect with some fresh lime and coriander on the side, yoghurt and mango chutney! Enjoy! x