Stewed Plum & Goat's Cheese Salad
17th August 2022
Served with a quick homemade tomato chutney and garlic croutons, finished with toasted almonds.
My Tip: This is also delicious on toast. You can make by topping toast with the tomato chutney, then salad leaves, finish with the plums, goats cheese, almonds and a drizzle of honey!
* 4 Plums
* 2Tsp Honey
* 80g Tomatoes
* 2 Spring onions
* 3Tsp Vegetable oil
* ~½ Baton of baguette (=~60g/ serve)
* 2 Garlic cloves
* 1Tsp Oregano
* 160g Salad leaves
* 60g Goats cheese
* 60g Almond flakes
* Salt and pepper to season
1. Plums: Slice the plums into quarters. Place a frying pan on a medium heat, add the plums, 1 tsp of honey, and a splash of water. Cook until soft and sticky (you may need to add a little more water during the cooking).
2. Tomato chutney: Chop the tomatoes into quarters and finely slice the spring onions. Place a second frying pan on a low-medium heat. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to a pan and add the spring onions and cook until softened and translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook until sticky.
3. Garlic bread: Put the grill on a medium heat. Slice up the bread and place it under the grill (keep an eye on it). Crush the garlic cloves then add to a small dish, alongside the remainder of the vegetable oil, and the oregano. Once the bread is golden on one side, take it out of the grill and turn it over. Coat that side in your garlicy mixture and place back under the grill until golden now on both sides.
4. Place a new frying pan on a low heat and add the almond to the dry pan. Keep on moving them about until they are golden brown.
3. Assemble: Add your salad leaves to a bowl, place in your garlic bread, and top that with the plums and tomato chutney. Top with chunks of goat's cheese and finish with your toasted almonds and a final drizzle of honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.