Sweet Goat's Cheese Tarts
15th January 2022
I love putting sweet and savoury ingredients together and loved creating this recipe as making appetisers always remind me of my time as a Commis Chef at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons. These are perfect if you are having a dinner party (or for any day of the week!)
My Tip: If you're not a goat's cheese fan, this can be swapped with cottage or feta cheese!
* 1 shallot, finely diced
* 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
* 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
* 1 tsp vegetable oil
* 1 pear, finely diced
* 2 tsp golden syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
* 125g puff pastry
* Black pepper, to taste
* Extra rosemary, to top
1. Preheat the oven to 190degreesC.
2. Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan on a low-medium heat. Add the chopped shallot, garlic and rosemary to the pan.
3. Once the shallot has gone translucent, add the pear and 1tsp of golden syrup. Cook under reduced, soft, and sticky.
4. Portion the puff pastry into 12 rectangles, and lightly score around the edge (this will guide you where to put your filling, and help the edges rise).
5. Assemble the tarts, first by adding the pear mix to the pastry, then the goats cheese, some black pepper, and extra rosemary sprigs.
6. Put in the oven and cook until golden, about 18-22 minutes.
7. Finish with the rest of the golden syrup and enjoy!