1st September 2023
Calling this my “omelette pizza” - I always love getting inventive with my leftovers, and with this meal I had cooked new potatoes, and some eggs in the house so drew inspiration from a Spanish omelette!
I’m having to get even more inventive at the moment, as our hob is not working - but sometimes that is how the best new recipes are made, and this is definitely one of them!
My Tip: You can really make this completely your own, using which ever leftovers, vegetables, and seasoning you love. Give it a go, and let me know what you did with this recipe - I would love to hear!
* 1 tsp olive or rapeseed oil
* A handful of cooked new potatoes (or what you have)
* You’re favourite veggies - I used tomatoes, spring onions and spinach.
* x2 eggs
* Seasoning to taste
1. Preheated the oven to 190degreesC.
2. Take an oven proof, non-stick dish, add the oil, potatoes and veggies. Place in the oven for 5-10minutes, until the vegetables have softened, and potatoes have started to crisp.
3. Whisk up the eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the oven, pour in the eggs, and mix with the potato and vegetables. Return the pan to the oven until the eggs have cooked.
NB: The time will depend on the size of the pan using. I used a large pan and it took ~5 minutes. You’ll know their cooked once the mixture has gone firm, holds its shape, is pulling away from the edges of the pan, and egg white turned opaque.
4. You’re ready to serve! I added some chilli flakes and fresh spring onion. After filming this, I thought that some fig balasamic glaze I had would be delcious on top - and for me it was the perfect addition!